Tuesday 29 January 2013

DT Try it on Tuesdays

Dearest Minions,

This is my new piece for Try it on Tuesdays, our latest challenge is "get ready to celebrate" the piece must have a heart on it ready for the commericalism that is Valentines day on Feb 14th.

The background is a bit of cardboard that I sprayed with inks and then embossed. I hightled the swirls with distress ink but it just soaked in so I employed my trusty staz-on for the job. The large heart is again cardboard that I sprayed, stamped and heat embossed and the smaller heart is a rusty tin heart from Calio craft. The word rejoice is stamped from a my mind's eye set.

I am also entering this into the fasionable stamping challenges.

I wanted to make it into a wee gift so I added a fridge magnet which I stuck on to the tin heart.
here is a close up on the happy loon.
Tootles
EE



6 comments:

angelwhisperssh said...

Love your card and love your style.xxx

Meggymay said...

Love how you added the magnet gift to your wonderful card.
Yvonne x

Unknown said...

Love this card and the layers. Spraying the ink is a great look. And thanks for your tip the other day. Going to try the make up sponge next time.
Amanda

SandeeNC said...

I was interested to see what your take on Valentines would be, and had a chuckle at your obvious disdain for the commercialization of Valentines Day, but any holiday they want to enforce giving chocolate as part of it, I will gladly accept. OK, so I'm a chocoholic!!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Alexa said...

I'm with Sandee on the chocolate giving front - got to be good even if it's all got too commercialized!! Love your grungy heart and embossed background EE! x

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fabulous card, Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.