Wednesday 26 July 2017

Grunge


Greetings,

I have man flu so creating a grunge deaths head moth tomb stone was fitting today. I used visible image stamps,deaths head moth and grunge swirl on top of a that's crafty MDF monolith which I had painted with Tim Holtz metallic distress paint, copper, then used paper artsy crackle glaze and then old lace deco art paint.

I am entering this into the That's crafty challenge- grunge
Craft stamper challenge - anything goes
the male room - mixed media  (it was inspired by man flu...)

I was lucky enough to go the Summer exhibition on Monday here are some photos of some of the art displayed.





Tootles
EE

5 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a striking piece, I love it's simplicity and your choice of colour, it really makes those stamps stand out so well. Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty and joining in with the All Things Grunge Blog Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovin' the tombstone, great work on it too. Thanks for sharing the art work and joining us at The Male Room challenge. Faith DT

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely love the tombstone! So nice to see a 3D project in the gallery. So sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks so much for playing along with our Mixed Media challenge at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

Words and Pictures said...

Very much enjoying that tombstone, and I do hope the man flu is long gone by now! Thanks for sharing your trip to the exhibition. I'm completely blown away by that vast canvas of the lake/pond - at least that's what I see - magical.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Bullrushes -that's the word I wanted... the lake with bullrushes. Do you happen to recall the artist of that one, by any chance?
Ax