Tuesday 26 March 2013

Recycle it BABY! (DT TIOT)


Good Day,

May the sunshine upon you and your boots never get holes in them. This is my Design Team Piece for the current Try it on Tuesday challenge which is recycling. This is a book which I have covered using ceral packet cardboard.
I wanted something that looked faded, old and a bit battered. I went back to basics and used distress inks and water, I really like this look. The string is reused from a gift.

The wonderful Crafty Emblies are sponsoring us this month, do have a look at their wonderful website.
Tootles
EE

11 comments:

Claudia N. said...

An awesome creation, EE!

Love that aged look very very much!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Bee and Dee said...

A lovely project, so pretty. Hugs Bee

zandra said...

Very cool book, love the image.
Hugz, Z

SandeeNC said...

Loving the book cover, clever idea Edna! I also loved the opening quote too...sounds like an Irish blessing :) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Vicky said...

Fabulous as always hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Ellie Knol said...

LOVELY!!

Netty said...

Loving both sides of your book cover with its aged look, x

Meggymay said...

Wonderful project, love the vintage, aged look.
Yvonne x

My name is Cindy said...

Love the stamps you have used EE and a fab old vintage look - you nailed it!! Cindy x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Edna, you've created a gorgeous vintage look to this.
Avril xx

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant distressing... your shabby chic book looks genuinely old - I absolutely love it!
Alison x