Sunday 4 December 2011

Inspiration Avenue - English lit

Dearest Minions,

This week's challenge for the wonderful Inspiration Avenue is English Literature. I adore the writings of M R James and this is my tribute to his wonderful ghost stories. The background is created with shaving foam and then stamped with a prima stamp and a charm slapped on top. A couple of his stories are about hidden treasure/peril & one of the most spooky of these is Count Magnus. This is "a warning to the curious" about keeping things under lock and key.... which is where the inspiration for this piece comes from.

EE

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for explaining about this author. I admit, I've never heard of him. Love the shaving cream paper you made for the piece, too.

Tracey FK said...

Great piece of work and I am thinking I am going to look for these stories now... great inspiration and lovely colour palette...xx